IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access) Committee Meeting copy
The Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access Committee (IDEA or "Diversity" committee for short) supports Marin Elementary in fostering compassion for, and awareness, understanding and acceptance of, the varied array of cultures, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, genders, abilities, learning differences and socioeconomic backgrounds of our families and the broader community.
We believe having a diverse community can be a strength for a school in shaping young minds to be good global citizens.
We aim to be a resource for the Marin Elementary School community by supporting and enhancing cultural competency through age-appropriate diversity programming and by helping to share resources that celebrate differences, encourage open dialogue, challenge preconceptions, examine current social justice Issues as learning moments, and provide experiential cultural explorations.
Each year our members strive to:
- Explore ways we can include voices of a broader range of Marin parents
- Maintain resource lists of books, guest speakers, and efforts of local schools on these topics
- Organize parent education nights
- Support and enhance existing work at Marin such as the Cultural
- Empowerment Club, school assemblies, etc.
- Enhance international potluck by adding cultural entertainment and activities
- Other activities to support our community
- We want to hear from you, both new Marin parents and longtime Marin families!
Please come to a meeting or share your thoughts or ideas.
- Thursday, December 19
- Monday, December 23
- Tuesday, December 24
- Wednesday, December 25
- Thursday, December 26